The original Thalhimer Brothers store in 1875 and located at 501 East Broad Street. The Thalhimer family has a long history with Family Lifeline including board member, Mrs. Pauline Thalhimer, who was married to Gustavus Thalhimer, the son of William “Wolff” Thalhimer who founded Thalhimer’s department store. The store would become an integral part of the Richmond community for the next 150 years, until it was bought out in 1992.