Primary Function and Job Purpose:
Under the direct supervision of the VP of Long Term Support Services, the Home Care Supervisor recruits, trains, and supervises Certified Nurses’ Aides (CNAs) and Personal Care Aides (PCAs) to ensure services to recipients and their families are of the highest quality. The supervisor ensures services are provided in a manner that meets regulatory standards. Works collaboratively within a team structure to assess, plan, monitor, and evaluate service interventions and coordinate service delivery for recipients and their support system. This position operates within Family Lifeline’s mission, vision, and values, which are incorporated in all aspects of job performance, and according to Family Lifeline’s policies and procedures and culturally informed best practice standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience as a supervisor or in a supervisory role
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in-home health care and working in long term support services
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, telephone, communication, and accurate documentation skills. Must demonstrate the ability to manage details
- Understanding of Medicaid regulations and State Licensure requirements and stays up to date on all regulations and requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) and ability to learn Family Lifeline software tools
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule, including evening and weekend hours, and on- call responsibilities.
- Ability to rotate on call responsibilities
- Valid Virginia driver’s license, current automobile insurance and reliable transportation and ability to pass background screening.