Family Lifeline works with parents starting during their pregnancies to help at risk families learn the skills necessary to teach their children starting at birth. One of the Family Lifeline’s goals is to improve school readiness for this vulnerable population. Many families become invested in the importance of early childhood education and prioritize sending their children to preschool programs. These families are often in need of help purchasing school supplies, however traditional school supply drives primarily focus on supplies for older elementary school children.
Family Lifeline’s Young Professional (FLYP) Council hosts Back to School Bins during the summer to collect preschool and kindergarten appropriate supplies for children in Family Lifeline Early Childhood programs who will start preschool or kindergarten in the fall.
- What: Donate completed bins with all necessary supplies to the Family Lifeline Broad Street office
- When: July – August 2018
- Needed Supplies:
- Jumbo crayons (perfect for small hands)
- Jumbo washable markers (perfect for small hands)
- Preschool safety scissors
- #2 pencils
- Pencil sharpeners
- Glue sticks
- Wide rule composition book or lined writing pad
- Preschool/kindergarten age-appropriate book
- Gallon size Ziploc bags
- Disinfectant wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Plastic bin to store supplies
For more information, please contact Nick Parnell at 804.249.5424 or [email protected].