May 2, 2017 from at the Jepson Alumni Center
The Spring Give is an opportunity to celebrate and support Family Lifeline and its work of strengthening the overall well-being and independence of families since 1877. Our inaugural fundraising luncheon, the Spring Give, brings together 200 community leaders who are passionate about giving hope and health locally. Featuring a call to action to financially support our work, the event will leave attendees inspired to join the Family Lifeline mission of bringing health and hope into the homes of Richmond’s most vulnerable children, families and seniors.
Spring Give program features:
- Welcome – Amy Strite, President & CEO, Family Lifeline
- Champions for Families Honorees – CHIP of Virginia & Prevent Childe Abuse Virginia
- Presentation of Leedom Scholars
- Keynote – Dr. Danny Avlua, Director, Richmond City Health District
- Video Presentations of Family Honorees
- Closing Remarks – Jennifer Kaufman, Board Chair, Family Lifeline
Thanks to our community leaders, Family Lifeline was able to impact our community in these meaningful ways:
- 92% of home-bound seniors felt less lonely as a result of our companionship programs (nearly 41% of people 65
and over live alone in the City of Richmond).
- 99% of children enrolled in our early childhood programs remained free from child abuse and neglect (suggesting a
successful breaking of the cycle of intergenerational violence).
- 98% of children enrolled in our early childhood programs had a medical home (as compared to 57%
- 98% of children enrolled in our early childhood programs received all doctor recommended
immunizations (as compared to 79% statewide).
- 94% of individuals in our older adult programs did not experience falls or fall-related injuries while in our care (as
compared to 78% nationwide).